A report definition can be shared as a report file (.rptx). This allows you to share reports between projects or share with other colleagues also using ArcGIS Pro. A report file includes the report document view, any elements you added, a reference to its layer or data source and a reference to any supplemental pages. The data is not included with the report file. If the data cannot be found in the expected location—for instance, if the data source is moved or the layer does not exist in the project—you must repair the data source from the Report Properties dialog box. Use the Share tab to access the commands for saving a report.
When sharing report files (.rptx) between different versions of ArcGIS Pro, keep the following in mind:
- Report files (.rptx) saved using ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and later cannot be imported by previous versions of ArcGIS Pro.
- Report files (.rptx) saved using ArcGIS Pro 2.7 that contain supplemental pages cannot be imported by previous versions of ArcGIS Pro.
Create a report file
Make sure the report view is active, and use the following steps to create a report definition file (.rptx).
- On the Share tab, in the Export group, click the Report File button .
- Browse to the location where you want to save the file.
- Type the file name.
- Click Save to create the report definition file.
Import a report file
To import a report definition file (.rptx) into a project, follow the steps below:
- On the Insert tab, in the Project group, click the New Report drop-down menu and click the Import button .
Alternatively, right-click the Reports folder in the Catalog pane and click the Import button .
- Browse to the location of the report definition file (.rptx) you want to add.
- Select it and click OK.
The report is added to the project and the report view opens. Any associated map is also added to the project.