You can share a report definition as a report file (.rptx file) to share reports between projects. A report file includes the report document view, any elements you added, a reference to its layer or data source, and a reference to any subreports or supplemental pages. The data is not included with the report file. If the data cannot be found in the expected location—for instance, if the data source is moved or the layer does not exist in the project—you must repair the data source from the Report Properties dialog box. Use the Share tab to access the commands for saving a report.
When sharing report files (.rptx) between different versions of ArcGIS Pro, keep the following in mind:
- Report files (.rptx) saved using ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and later cannot be imported by previous versions of ArcGIS Pro.
- Report files (.rptx) saved using ArcGIS Pro 2.7 that contain supplemental pages cannot be imported by previous versions of ArcGIS Pro.
- Report files (.rptx) saved using ArcGIS Pro 2.9 that contain subreports cannot be imported by previous versions of ArcGIS Pro.
Create a report file
Use the following steps to create a report definition file (.rptx):
- Ensure that a report view is active. On the Share tab, in the Save As group, click the Report File button .
- Browse to the location where you want to save the file.
- Type the file name.
- Click Save to create the report definition file.
Import a report file
To import a report definition file (.rptx) into a project, complete the following steps:
- On the Insert tab, in the Project group, click the New Report drop-down menu and click the Import button .
Alternatively, right-click the Reports folder in the Catalog pane and click the Import button .
- Browse to the location of the report definition file (.rptx) you want to add.
- Select it and click OK.