A report is built from a data source that you define during the initial creation process in the Create New Report pane. By default, all rows and fields are included in a report. You can filter rows by constructing an SQL query. Uncheck the fields that you don't want in the report, and rearrange the order of the remaining fields as necessary.
If a field alias exists for a field, it is automatically used as the column header when creating the report.
Filter data in the Create New Report pane
To use the Create New Report pane to filter data, complete the following steps:
- On the Insert tab, in the Project group, click New Report to open the Create New Report pane.
Alternatively, right-click a layer in the Contents pane and click New Report to open the pane and set the report's data source directly.
- In the Create New Report pane, review or update the Report Name and Data Source options and click Next.
- Expand the Rows menu to set data filtering.
You can choose from the following:
- All rows—All data is used in the report.
- Filter by expression—Only data defined by a custom query is used in the report.
- Specify the fields to include in the report by unchecking any fields you do not want to use. Drag to reorder the selected fields.
- Click Next to continue to the Organize the data options, or click Finish to generate the report view using the current configuration.
Add fields to a report after creation
You can add fields to the Group Header or Details subsection of a report open in the report view by completing the following steps:
Fields added into the Group Header subsection only report their first encountered value.
- Click the subsection of the report to which you want to add a field, using either the Contents pane or the report view to activate it.
- On the Insert tab, in the Data group, click the Field button .
The Insert Field Value window appears.
- Choose the field to be added.
If you choose a numeric field, you can also select numeric formatting.
- Click OK and draw a box where the field should appear.
The specified field is added as a dynamic element to the report at the designated location.