A coordinate system is required for your layer's dataset when creating a package.
Do one of the following:
- Define the coordinate system of the layer's dataset.
- Remove the layer from your package.
Coordinate systems provide a mechanism for describing geographic data on a 2D and 3D surface. It is a best practice to have a coordinate system defined for your map or layer so that it can be correctly represented and integrated with other layers of a map.
To change the map's coordinate system, complete the following steps:
- In the Contents pane, right-click the map for which you want to determine the coordinate system.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Coordinate System tab. The details of the current map coordinate system are shown on the dialog box.
For more information, see Work with coordinate systems.
To change the coordinate system of a layer, do the following:
- You must define the coordinate system of the data source used for the layer.
- See the Define Projection geoprocessing tool for more information.
For more information, see Analyze your GIS resource.