A coordinate system is required for your layer's dataset when creating a package.
- Define the coordinate system of the layer's dataset.
- Remove the layer from your package.
Coordinate systems provide a mechanism for describing geographic data on a 2D and 3D surface. It is considered a best practice to have a coordinate system defined for your map or layer so that it can be correctly represented and integrated with other layers of a map.
Change the map's coordinate system
- In the Contents pane, right-click the map for which you want to determine the coordinate system.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Coordinate System tab. The details of the current map coordinate system are shown in the dialog box.
For more information, see Specify a coordinate system.
Change the coordinate system of a map layer
- You must define the coordinate system of the data source used for the map layer.
- See the Define Projection geoprocessing tool for more information.