You can capture the visible portion of an active map or a layout to the clipboard for insertion into other applications.
Follow these steps to capture a screen shot of a map, scene, or layout:
- Make sure the map, scene, or layout is open in an active view.
- Pan, zoom, or resize the view to adjust the visible extent. Only the visible extent will be captured.
- On the Share tab, in the Output group, click one of the following, depending on the active view:
- In an active map or scene, click Capture To Clipboard .
- In an active layout, click Capture To Clipboard .
The visible extent of the active map, scene, or layout is copied as an image to the system clipboard.
It is not recommended that you use these steps to add an image of a map to a layout. Follow the steps outlined in Add and modify map frames to add maps to layouts.