With mobile scene packages, you can share offline global scenes with the ArcGIS Runtime SDK 100.5 and later.
A mobile scene package consolidates scenes into a single .mspk file that can be shared with your ArcGIS organizational account or copied directly to your mobile device. Supported layer types in the scene and their data are included in the package. The mobile scene package is optimized for modern mobile devices and can run on any platform supported by ArcGIS Runtime SDK.
To allow users to open a mobile scene package without signing in to an ArcGIS organization, Enable Anonymous Use can be used if you have licensed ArcGIS Pro with the ArcGIS Publisher extension.
To create and share a mobile scene package, follow these steps.
- Use the Create Mobile Scene Package tool to create a mobile scene package.
- Open the Create Mobile Scene Package tool.
- Select one or more scenes as the Input Scene.
- Click the Browse button and specify a known location and file name for Output File.
- Specify an Area of Interest or Extent parameter. Click the drop-down menu to select a polygon layer in the scene or click the Browse button and browse to a polygon feature class.
- Specify the Title, Summary, Tags, Credits, and Use Limitations parameters.
- Check Enable Anonymous Use for users without an ArcGIS organization account to view the mobile scene package. This parameter is only present if the ArcGIS Publisher extension is licensed.
- Specify the Texture Optimization parameter based on the target platform. For more information on this parameter, see Create Mobile Scene Package.
- Click Run .
- Use the Share Package tool to share a mobile scene package to a portal. Mobile scene packages are supported as a file type in ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS 10.7 and higher.
- Open the Share Package tool.
- Click the Browse button and browse to the mobile scene package for the Input Package parameter.
- Specify the Summary and Tags parameters.
- Specify the desired Sharing settings.
- Click Run .