You can overwrite an image service that has been published to a stand-alone ArcGIS Server 10.6 or later site. Reasons to overwrite an image service include updating source data if you copied data to the server when you published the service, editing the item description, and setting different configuration properties.
Overwriting an image service is similar to publishing an image service. You can change most of the properties of an image service when you overwrite it, including the configuration settings. You can't change the name of the service or its location (the service URL).
- Start ArcGIS Pro and make a connection to a stand-alone server to overwrite an image service.
- In the Catalog pane, on the Project tab, expand Servers and browse to the image service you want to overwrite.
- Right-click the service and click Overwrite .
- On the Select Raster Dataset dialog box, browse to the raster dataset you want to overwrite the service, select it, and click OK.
The Overwrite Image Service pane appears. On the General tab, under Service Details, the name of the image service is displayed. This name can't be changed.
- Under the name, accept the default item description to Use the item description from the service or click Use the item description from the dataset to update it using the item description from the image you are using to overwrite the service.
The default option preserves the item description of the current service. The other option overwrites it.
- Optionally, modify the information in the Summary and Tags fields.
The fields may be empty if you chose to use the item description from the dataset in the previous step.
You can enter a maximum of 128 tags.
- Optionally, under Data, change the option to reference registered data or copy all data to the server.
For information about the data options, hover over the Information button .
- Optionally, click the Configuration tab at the top of the pane and change capabilities and service properties of the service.
For information about capabilities and service properties, see Configure an image service.
- Optionally, click the Content tab to view the new service structure and its sublayers.
- Under Finish Publishing, click Analyze to review for problems.
The Messages tab lists any error or warning messages. Right-click a message to open a help topic with information and recommended solutions. See Analyze your GIS resource for details.
- Once you have resolved any errors and warnings, click Publish .
- When the service is successfully overwritten, click the Manage the image service link at the bottom of the pane to access the service REST endpoint.
If you configured your service to draw using tiles from a cache, you can click the Jobs button under Finish Publishing to view the cache status in the Job Status pane.