Scene layer packages (.slpk) contain a cache of a building, multipatch, point, point cloud, or voxel dataset. Scene layer packages can be published as web scene layers to ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, and Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 or later with ArcGIS Data Store.
In ArcGIS Pro 1.3, scene layer packages were saved with the .spk extension. Scene layer packages with the .spk and .slpk extensions are supported in ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise.
Web scene layers created from scene layer packages that contain point cloud layers cannot be displayed in the ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5 or Portal for ArcGIS scene viewer.
Create and share a scene layer package
There are a number of tools that create scene layer packages. The table below lists the corresponding geoprocessing tools with supported input datasets.
|Input dataset||Corresponding geoprocessing tool|
Multipatch feature layer, layer file
|Create 3D Object Scene Layer Content|
Building layer, layer file
|Create Building Scene Layer Content|
Open scene graph binary (OSGB) file, a folder containing OSGB files
|Create Integrated Mesh Scene Layer Content|
LAS, zLAS, LAZ files, LAS dataset, layer file, a folder of lidar data
|Create Point Cloud Scene Layer Content|
Point feature layer, layer file
|Create Point Scene Layer Content|
Voxel layer, layer file
|Create Voxel Scene Layer Content|
To create a scene layer package, follow these steps:
- In the Geoprocessing pane, open the tool listed above corresponding to the input dataset to create a local scene layer package.
- Select the Input Dataset value.
- Specify the Output Scene Layer Package value.
- Specify other parameters as necessary.
- Run the tool to create the scene layer package.
- Share the scene layer package to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise using the Share Package tool. Optionally, check the Publish web layer check box to publish the scene layer package as a web scene layer to your portal.
The package file size limit is 500 GB. For more information, see Considerations and limitations.
If you have a scene layer package that is larger than 500 GB and want to publish it as a web scene layer to ArcGIS Online, add it to a 3D scene and share it as a web scene instead. The scene layer package is published as a web scene layer with the web scene. If you have a voxel scene layer package in a scene, you can share it as a web scene layer directly. Right-click the layer, point to the Sharing menu, and click Share As Web Layer .