With ArcGIS Pro, you can share files by uploading them to an ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise portal. Once files are uploaded, items such as maps, layouts, and PDFs are accessible to your organization or the public.
You can upload the following file types to your portal:
You can upload files up to 500 GB. For more information, see Considerations and limitations.
You must be signed in to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise with an account that has the privilege to create content.
To overwrite an existing file in a portal, the input file must have the same name, title, and selected portal folder as the existing file. Overwriting is only possible when the Allow geoprocessing tools to overwrite existing datasets geoprocessing option is enabled.
From an open project, click the Project tab on the ribbon. In the list on the left, click Options. On the Options dialog box, click Geoprocessing. Check Allow geoprocessing tools to overwrite existing datasets and click OK.
For more information, see Geoprocessing options.
Follow the steps below to upload a file.
- Sign in to your desired portal and set it as active.
- On the ribbon, click the Share tab. In the Manage group, click Upload File .
The Geoprocessing pane appears and opens the Upload File To Portal tool.
- For Input File, enter the path to the file you want to upload.
You can browse to the file or drag it from the catalog view or Catalog pane to the input box.
- Optionally, for Title, replace the default value with a new title.
The default title is the name of the file.
- Optionally, use the Folder drop-down menu to choose a folder in your portal content in which to store the file. Alternatively, create a folder.
By default, the file is stored at the root level of your portal content.
- Optionally, complete the Summary and Tags fields.
A summary and tags are required when sharing to an ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 or earlier portal.
You can enter a maximum of 128 tags.
- Under Sharing Level, choose how the file will be shared:
- Owner—Only the owner of the item has access. This is the default sharing level.
- Organization—All authenticated users in the organization has access.
- Everyone—The public has access. Anyone can access and see it.
- Optionally, under Groups, select the groups to which the item will be shared.
- Click Run.
- Once the file has been successfully uploaded, click View Details. Under the Messages tab, click the Manage the item link to manage the file through your portal.