Available with Workflow Manager license.
Maps that are used by your jobs can be associated with a job type in your Workflow Manager (Classic) repository. If you are using multiuser data editing via versioning, you can choose to have only certain job map layers repointed by selecting them in the Layers to Repoint section.
Starting with Workflow Manager (Classic) 10.5.1, maps (.mapx) exported from ArcGIS Pro can be used as basemaps for job types and used with mapping steps in ArcGIS Pro 2.0 and later. The Configure Maps in ArcMap functionality is unavailable for these maps, and if used, a blank map will open.
Starting with Workflow Manager (Classic) 10.6.1, maps stored in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS can be used as Job's Base Map and LOI Base Map template map documents. The map can be an ArcGIS Pro map (.mapx), a layout (.pagx), or a web map. The Layers to Repoint functionality is unavailable for these maps. The Configure Maps in ArcMap functionality is also unavailable for these maps, and if used, a blank map will open. Even though the ArcGIS Pro layout (.pagx) can be set as LOI Base Map, it is not recommended.
- Start ArcGIS Workflow Manager (Classic) Administrator and connect to the Workflow Manager (Classic) database.
- Expand Job Components > Job Types.
- Right-click a job type and click Edit Item.
The Job Type dialog box appears.
- Click the Maps tab.
- Click the Job’s Base Map drop-down arrow and choose a map to link with your job type.
You can configure the base map and LOI map for the job type. You can choose from a list of maps in the Maps folder or click the Import button next to each section to browse to an existing MXD.
- If you're using multiuser data editing via versioning, expand Data Frames under Layers to Repoint and choose the layers to repoint.
The specified layers will be repointed to the job's data workspace and version when the map is opened, and the other layers will remain as they were authored in the job's base map.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK to save the changes.