Available with Workflow Manager license.
ArcGIS Workflow Manager (Classic) Administrator provides tools for administrators to merge several configuration files and maintain the contents of the destination database. This allows you to synchronize multiple instances.
Before you begin, you must complete the following:
- Install ArcGIS Workflow Manager (Classic) Administrator
- Create a Workflow Manager (Classic) database
- Connect to the Workflow Manager (Classic) database in Workflow Manager (Classic) Administrator
Complete these steps to merge Workflow Manager (Classic) configuration files and synchronize multiple instances:
- Start Workflow Manager (Classic) Administrator.
- Click Import/Export > Import Configuration.
The Open dialog box appears.
You can also right-click a database connection and click Import/Export > Import Configuration.
- Browse to the location of the configuration file you want to import.
- Click Open.
- When the Clear database? dialog box appears, click No to merge the contents of your configuration file with the existing configuration.
The configuration is imported. All existing configuration elements are maintained, and existing jobs remain in the system.
The utility compares configuration elements based on their GUID and date stamp. A new object will have no matching GUID in the existing database. An existing element that needs to be updated will have a matching GUID, but it will not have a matching date stamp.
The application will overwrite the old elements with the new objects. These objects can have the same name, but because of their GUID, they are new objects. In this case, Workflow Manager (Classic) will append _1 to the name. For example, if the Edit Data step type exists in both configuration files with different GUIDs, the result will be two step types: Edit Data and Edit Data_1.