Tools that honor the Data Source environment comply with how data is summarized from one layer to another. This environment is used by Business Analyst tools only.
- This setting is used to select the Business Analyst operational dataset.
- The selected dataset can be installed locally or accessed from ArcGIS Enterprise when signed in.
- Local changes override the global dataset until completion of a single geoprocessing tool session or cancellation.
- Through ArcGIS Enterprise or the REST API, a country or region can be selected to activate the corresponding dataset for analysis.
- The use of installed Business Analyst United States or Canada datasets requires a data license.
Browse to the location of your source data, either local or online. You can store summarized data locally by installing a dataset, or your organization can set the storage location through ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online.
arcpy.env.baDataSource = DataSource
This is the location of the source data, either local or online. Summarized data can reside locally by installing a dataset or be set to your organization through ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online. ArcGIS Online data consumes credits. The default value is online.
To set the online data source in another country or area, the 2- and 3-digit country codes are listed in GeoEnrichment coverage.
import arcpy # Access data locally arcpy.env.baDataSource = "LOCAL;;USA_ESRI_2023" # Access data online arcpy.env.baDataSource = "ONLINE;US;"