Tools that honor the Data Source environment comply with how data is summarized from one layer to another. This environment is used by Business Analyst tools only.
- This setting is used to select the Business Analyst operational dataset.
- The selected dataset can be installed locally or accessed from ArcGIS Enterprise when signed in.
- Local changes override the global dataset until completion of a single geoprocessing tool session or cancellation.
- Through ArcGIS Enterprise or the REST API, a country or region can be selected to activate the corresponding dataset for analysis.
- The use of installed Business Analyst United States or Canada datasets requires a data license.
Browse to the location of your source data, either local or online. Summarized data resides locally by installing a dataset or is set by your organization through ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online.
arcpy.env.baDataSource = DataSource
This is the location of your source data, either local or online. Summarized data can reside locally by installing a dataset or set to your organization through ArcGIS Enterprise or ArcGIS Online. ArcGIS Online data consumes credits. The default value is online.
import arcpy # Access data locally arcpy.env.baDataSource = "LOCAL;;USA_ESRI_2020" # Access data from online arcpy.env.baDataSource = "ONLINE;US;"