The locator cannot be initialized or validated.
This error can occur for one of the following reasons:
- A locator built with the Create Locator tool is the input to the Rebuild Address Locator tool and the reference data for the locator is stored in an enterprise geodatabase or is not accessible.
- A composite locator is the input to the Rebuild Address Locator tool.
- A deprecated locator or a composite locator that contains a deprecated locator built with the Create Address Locator tool was used as the input locator.
- An un-licenced ArcGIS StreetMap Premium locator is the input to the Clip Locator tool.
Confirm that the address locator is valid. Right-click the locator and verify that the properties are set correctly and the OK button is enabled. You can also rebuild the locator.
- Ensure that the enterprise geodatabase, feature service, or reference data layer is accessible. If the data links to the reference data in the project are broken, repair the broken data links.
- Ensure that the locator version or release is supported.
- Create a new locator with either the Create Locator tool or Create Feature Locator tool and use it as the input locator.
- Change to a license manager that includes a license for the ArcGIS StreetMap Premium extension for the locator used in the Clip Locator tool in the ArcGIS Pro Licensing settings.
- Ensure that you have a license for ArcGIS StreetMap Premium in your ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise portal organization. Contact the organization's administrator for a license.