The address locator cannot be initialized or validated.
This error can occur for one of the following reasons:
- A locator built with the Create Locator tool is the input to the Rebuild Address Locator tool and the reference data for the locator is stored in an enterprise geodatabase or is not accessible.
- A composite locator is the input to the Rebuild Address Locator tool.
- A deprecated locator or a composite locator that contains a deprecated locator built with the Create Address Locator tool was used as the input locator.
Confirm that the address locator is valid. Right-click the address locator and verify that the properties are set correctly and the OK button is enabled. You can also rebuild the address locator.
- Ensure that the enterprise geodatabase, feature service, or reference data layer is accessible. If the data links to the reference data in the project are broken, repair the broken data links.
- Ensure that the locator version or release is supported.
- Create a new locator with either the Create Locator tool or Create Feature Locator tool and use it as the input locator.