The geometry type of the reference data used to create the locator is not supported. The supported geometry types are point, polyline, and polygon. Multipoint features are not supported in the reference data and can cause this error.
Do the following to correct the reference data and build the locator successfully:
- Review whether the reference data has multipoint features.
- Check for Multipoint in the Shape field of the reference data.
- Run either the Add Geometry Attributes or Calculate Geometry Attributes tool to add the Number of parts Geometry Property to the reference data. A feature with more than one part is considered a multipart feature.
The tools add a new field named PNT_COUNT to the Input Features parameter of the tools.
- Use the Multipart to Singlepart tool to convert the features in the reference data to single-part features.
- Create the locator using the new reference data.