The object that passed to the method is null. In ArcObjects, the method of the object called expects a certain object as input. Following are cases where the passed object may be perceived to be null:
- You may have specified a raster when a raster dataset was expected.
- You may have passed an object that was not set or was set to null.
- The method expects an object containing a valid field name, and the object that was passed contained a field that does not exist in the attribute table.
Make sure of the following:
- The object that is passed to the method is not null.
- The object is a valid input to the method.
- The feature it represents does exist.