Evaluates a scene layer package (*.slpk) file to determine its conformity to I3S specifications.
This tool will validate a scene layer package against the I3S specifications to identify issues which may cause problems when viewing the scene layer in an ArcGIS client application. Consider running this tool prior to publishing a scene layer package generated outside of the ArcGIS platform.
The tool will assess the following:
- Presence of expected values for all required and recommended JSON records.
- Presence of declared textures for points, 3D objects and integrated meshes.
- Presence of declared attributes and associated statistics for points, 3D objects, and point clouds.
- Presence of root nodes and declared child nodes within the node tree.
- Location of all child nodes within a small range of its parent node's minimum bounding geometry.
The output report defaults to a readable text file, but can also be generated as an XML document. The report lists warnings for issues that do not conform to the I3S specifications but may not cause a problem in displaying the data, and errors for issues that will cause problems in rendering the scene layer package. The report is divided into the following categories:
- File information and time of execution.
- Validation of JSON records in the Metadata file.
- Validation of JSON records in the SceneLayerInfo file.
- Validation of JSON records containing attribute statistics.
- Validation of the node tree.
- Information relating to any unnecessary records in the JSON components, such as records which may have been deprecated.
ValidateSceneLayerPackage_management (in_slpk, out_report)
The scene layer package file that will be evaluated.
The output report that will summarize the results of the evaluation. This report can be generated as an XML file by specifying the .xml file extension, or as a readable text report by specifying the .txt file extension.
The following sample demonstrates the use of this tool in the Python window.
import arcpy arcpy.env.workspace = 'C:/Data' arcpy.management.ValidateSceneLayerPackage('street_furniture.slpk', 'validate_report.txt')
- Basic: Yes
- Standard: Yes
- Advanced: Yes