Creates a duplicate of a big data connection (BDC) dataset.
This tool requires a BDC. To create a BDC, use the Create Big Data Connection tool.
A duplicate of a BDC dataset can be useful in scenarios such as the following:
- Your dataset contains geometry and time locations for multiple events, such as pick-up and drop-off locations for deliveries, that you want to analyze individually without creating a copy of the source dataset.
- You want to improve processing time by reducing the number of features or attributes used in analysis without modifying your original BDC dataset.
- You want to create a subset of your BDC dataset for a colleague while maintaining the ability to use the full dataset.
Use the Big Data Connection Dataset parameter to specify the dataset you want to duplicate.
If the name of the output BDC dataset already exists, a number will be appended to the name to make the dataset unique (for example <inputBDCDatasetName>_2. Optionally, set the Duplicate Nameparameter to a unique name.
This tool creates a duplicate of an existing BDC dataset. Use the following tools to modify a BDC:
- Copy Dataset From Big Data Connection—Copies a dataset from a BDC to a feature class.
- Remove Dataset From Big Data Connection—Removes a dataset from the BDC.
- Refresh Big Data Connection—Checks for any new datasets and add them to the BDC.
- Update Big Data Connection Dataset Properties—Modifies the properties of an individual BDC dataset.
- Preview Dataset From Big Data Connection—Previews the first ten features in your dataset to verify they are correctly registered.
Additionally, if you choose to modify the properties of the duplicate, you can run the Describe Dataset tool to confirm that the dataset displays as expected.
This geoprocessing tool is powered by Spark. See Big data connections to learn more about big data connections and how to use them.
The BDC dataset to be duplicated.
The name of the output BDC dataset.
The .bdc file containing the input dataset and the duplicate dataset.
The following script demonstrates how to use the DuplicateDatasetFromBDC tool.
# Name: DuplicateDatasetFromBDC.py # Description: Creates a duplicate of a big data connection dataset. # # Requirements: ArcGIS Pro Advanced License # Import system modules import arcpy # Set local variables bdcDataset = r"c:\Projects\MyProjectFolder\my_BigDataConnection.bdc\Taxi_Locations" newName = "taxi_pickups" # Execute Duplicate Dataset From BDC arcpy.gapro.DuplicateDatasetFromBDC(bdcDataset, newName)
- Basic: No
- Standard: No
- Advanced: Yes