Removes one or more datasets from an existing big data connection (BDC). This tool only removes the dataset from the BDC file, the source data is not modified.
This tool requires a BDC. To create a BDC, use the Create Big Data Connection tool.
Use this tool to remove a dataset from a BDC to limit the datasets available for analysis. The following are examples:
- The source location you connected to contains datasets for three locations of interest, but you are tasked with analyzing only one of them. Remove the unused datasets so you only see the desired datasets in the BDC.
- Datasets have been deleted from the source location and you want to remove them from your BDC.
- You want to share specific datasets with a colleague, so you create a BDC for them and keep only the datasets you want to share.
A removed dataset will no longer be listed in the BDC.
The source data will not be deleted for the removed datasets. Datasets will only be removed from the BDC.
To add a dataset back to a BDC, use the Refresh Big Data Connection tool.
To delete a BDC permanently, delete the .bdc file.
The Remove Dataset From Big Data Connection tool removes an existing dataset from BDC. Additional tools can be used to modify a BDC:
- Copy Dataset From Big Data Connection—Copies a dataset from a BDC to a feature class.
- Duplicate Dataset From Big Data Connection—Creates a view of an existing BDC dataset.
- Refresh Big Data Connection—Checks for any new datasets and add them to the BDC.
- Update Big Data Connection Dataset Properties—Modifies the properties of an individual BDC dataset.
- Preview Dataset From Big Data Connection—Previews the first ten features in your dataset to verify they are correctly registered.
This geoprocessing tool is powered by Spark. See Big data connections to learn more about big data connections and how to use them.
The datasets to remove from the .bdc file.
The input .bdc file with updated datasets.
The following Python script demonstrates how to use the RemoveDatasetFromBDC tool.
# Name: RemoveDatasetFromBDC.py # Description: Remove specified datasets from one or more big data connection files. # Requirements: ArcGIS Pro Advanced License # Import system modules import arcpy # Set local variables datasets = [r"c:\Projects\MyProjectFolder\my_BigDataConnection.bdc\Dataset1", r"c:\Projects\MyProjectFolder\my_BigDataConnection.bdc\Dataset2"] # Execute Remove Dataset From Big Data Connection arcpy.gapro.RemoveDatasetFromBDC(datasets)
- Basic: No
- Standard: No
- Advanced: Yes