Extracts the selected layers in the specified area of interest to the selected formats and spatial reference, then returns all the data in a .zip file.
This tool is intended primarily for use as part of a geoprocessing service. When using this tool as part of a geoprocessing service, copy the tool into a custom toolbox, edit the model, and reconfigure it as necessary. Because the geoprocessing service wizard is not available in ArcGIS Desktop, you have to save the contained toolbox as any supported previous version then publish it from ArcGIS Desktop of the same version of the toolbox. After publishing, you can connect to the server and use the service from ArcGIS Desktop.
The drop-down for the Feature Format and Raster Format parameters contains a list of default formats. These default formats are set from the Value List filter on the Parameters tab of the model Properties.
You can add, modify, or remove the list of formats for either the Feature Format parameter or the Raster Format parameter. You will have to copy this model to your own custom toolbox before making any changes.
- Right-click a copied version of this tool and select Properties.
- In the properties dialog box that appears, click the Parameters tab.
- Find the parameter of interest in the table of parameters. On the right side of the table click to bring up its value list. The set of default formats should be listed.
- Add, modify, or remove formats from the list as desired. The string you provide needs to be delimited as: Name of format - Short Name - Extension. The hyphens are required and there must be one space before and after the hyphen.
- Click OK to apply the changes and exit.
ExtractDataTask_server (Layers_to_Clip, Area_of_Interest, Feature_Format, Raster_Format, Output_Zip_File)
The layers to be clipped. Layers must be feature or raster layers in the map's table of contents. Layer files do not work for this parameter.
One or more polygons by which the layers will be clipped.
The format in which the output features will be delivered. The string provided should be formatted as follows:
Internally, this tool uses the Export to CAD tool to convert data to the .dgn, .dwg, and .dxf CAD formats. The list of short names supported includes DGN_V8, DWG_R14, DWG_R2000, DWG_R2004, DWG_R2005, DWG_R2007, DWG_R2010, DXF_R14, DXF_R2000, DXF_R2004, DXF_R2005, DXF_R2007, and DXF_R2010.
The format in which the output raster datasets will be delivered. The string provided should be formatted as follows:
Any of the following strings will work:
Some of the above raster formats have limitations and not all data can be converted to the format. For a list of formats and their limitations, see List of supported sensors.
The zip file that will contain the extracted data.
- Basic: Yes
- Standard: Yes
- Advanced: Yes