The locator may be invalid for the following reasons:
- The path is to a locator stored in a geodatabase.
- The locator was created prior to ArcGIS Desktop 10.0.
- The composite locator may contain a participating locator that is broken or invalid.
- The locator on the server or portal is inaccessible or is not supported.
- Select a locator that is stored in a file folder.
- Select a locator that was created with ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 or later.
- Create a new locator using ArcGIS Pro or ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 or later.
- Verify that the locator is accessible on the network.
- Verify that the service is started and running on the server.
- Verify with an administrator or publisher on the Enterprise portal or Online portal that the locator is shared with you.