Доступно с лицензией Maritime Charting.
If you do not have existing S-57 data, you can create the foundation for new products by capturing a new product coverage (polygon product extent), and its required product definition information (product metadata).
You can also create S-57 products by importing an existing S-57 dataset if you already have one.
The following steps describe the process for defining the product coverage and product definitions for a new S-57 product:
- Start ArcGIS Pro.
- Open a new or an existing project.
- If necessary, add maritime data to the Contents pane.
The Maritime tab appears.
- If necessary, add the ProductCoverage polygon feature class and the EditingProperties and ProductDefinitions tables to the Contents pane.
- On the Maritime tab, in the S-57 Editing group, click the Compilation Scale drop-down arrow.
This value represents the scale at which your chart is created. You can choose a value from the drop-down list, or type a custom value. This ensures that all features that are created are attributed with the correct scale.
- In the Contents pane, right-click the Editing Properties table and click Open.
- Find the Agency attribute.
- Double-click the row to access the drop-down list and choose an agency.
The list of available agencies is generated from the IHO S-62 list of data producer codes document. The FIDS value can also be customized and is also used in generating a unique LNAM. A new FIDS is assigned to each record in the table by default.
- On the Edit tab, click the Create Features button .
- In the Create Features pane, locate ProductCoverage.
- Choose one of the insert methods and digitize a polygon.
- With the polygon selected, click the Maritime tab and click the Attributes button .
The Attributes pane appears.
The following error message also appears: ProductCoverage feature (subtype: ProductCoverage) must participate in one composite relationship as a child. No action is required.
- Type a value for the Dataset Name.
The file name may be up to eight characters and may be composed of the uppercase alphanumeric characters A to Z, and digits zero through nine. Typically, the first three characters are a combination of the agency code followed by the intended usage and so on. If your agency is 4E - Environmental Systems Research Institute, and the intended usage is 5 - Harbour, the file dataset name and example would be 4E5XXXXX where X represents additional available characters for you to define.
- Press Tab or Enter.
- Нажмите кнопку Применить (Apply).
- In the Contents pane, right-click the ProductDefinitions table and click Open.
- In the table, select Click to add new row.
- Press Tab to go through each field and choose a metadata value for each of the following mandatory attributes:
This should match the compilation scale value you chose in step 5.
This should match the dataset name you chose in step 13.
(Intended usage) INTU
Harbour, Approach, Coastal, and so on.
This should match the agency you chose in step 7.
Choose a value for your product from the drop-down list.
Choose a value from the drop-down list.
This is the attribute filter that is used to extract features for this product when it is exported from the geodatabase to S-57. You can either use the default where clause and only modify the upper and lower scale band values or write your own custom where clause.
For example, if you are making a product with a scale of 50000, type a where clause of: PLTS_COMP_SCALE = 50000. This ensures that any feature that is within the product coverage polygon AOI that has a scale of 50000 is extracted when the product is exported to S-57. Select the record from the ProductDefinitions table and the polygon from the ProductCoverage feature class.
- Choose the ProductCoverage feature and the ProductDefinitions record.
Both features must be selected to create the relationship.
- Open the Attributes pane.
- Expand the ProductCoverage node, and right-click ProductDefinitions.
- Click Add Selected to Relationship.
- Click Save if you don't have Auto Save enabled.
You have created the metadata and the coverage area for a new product, and can now begin creating data to generate an electronic chart product.