On the Edit tab in the Features group, Modify opens the Modify Features pane. You can move or rotate features, transform or modify geometry, change attribute values, add and remove file attachments, and edit features as topological edges and nodes.
All editing tools that modify features open in the pane. They can be one of the following types:
- Interactive tools use the pointer to select and edit features.
- Execution tools run like geoprocessing tools. You can specify parameters and click the button at the bottom of the pane to execute your edits.
For a full list of editing tools, see Modify Features tool reference.
Each editing tool contains a selection tool. Tools that contain Active Select can perform the same edit on several features while the tool remains active. When you select another feature, the current feature is finished and the tool immediately starts editing the new selection.
When you enable Map Topology on the Edit tab, you can edit features as topological edges and nodes. Editing tools that can switch between editing finished features and map topology contain Features and Edges tabs that allow you to toggle between these editing modes.
To learn more, see Introduction to editing topology.
In the Modify Features pane, expand a tool category, click a tool, select the feature in the map, and edit the feature. If a map does not exist in the project, create a new one and drag your data onto it from the Catalog pane.
- On the Edit tab in the Features group, click Modify .
The Modify Features pane appears.
- Expand a tool category and click a tool.
The tool opens in the pane.
- Select the feature you want to modify.
- Edit the feature following the steps prescribed by the specific tool.
- To finish the feature, right-click and click Finish , or press the F2 key.
- On the Edit tab, in the Manage Edits group, click Save .
The Save Edits dialog box appears.
- Click Yes to save your edits to the geodatabase.