Some geoprocessing tools that are available in other ArcGIS Desktop applications like ArcMap are not available in ArcGIS Pro. Geoprocessing tools that process data formats that are not supported in ArcGIS Pro have been removed and cannot be used in the application, from Python, or with ModelBuilder.
Certain toolboxes have been entirely removed from ArcGIS Pro, while others may have just one or a few tools that are not available. See the listing of toolboxes and tools below for detailed information about what is not available, if it may be available at a future release, and potential alternatives for those toolboxes and tools.
3D Analyst Tools
- Export To 3D Web Scene
Coverages are not supported in ArcGIS Pro, so the entire toolbox has been removed.
- Contour Annotation
Data Driven Pages
- Calculate Adjacent Fields
- Calculate Central Meridian And Parallels
- Calculate Grid Convergence Angle
- Calculate UTM Zone
- Strip Map Index Features
The tool Generate Rectangles Along Lines can be used as a replacement for the Strip Map Index Features tool in some workflows.
- Collapse Dual Lines To Centerline
Grids and Graticules
- Delete Grids And Graticules
- Make Grids and Graticules Layer
- Add Representations
- Calculate Representation Rule
- Drop Representation
- Remove Override
- Select Feature By Override
- Set Layer Representation
- Set Representation Control Point At Intersect
- Set Representation Control Point By Angle
- Update Override
- Import CAD Annotation
Coverages are not supported in ArcGIS Pro.
- Feature Class To Coverage
- Import Coverage Annotation
- Import From E00
- Copy Runtime Geodatabase to File Geodatabase
- Map To KML
The Map To KML tool supports ArcMap Map Documents (.mxd) as input, which cannot be created by ArcGIS Pro. You can convert individual layers to KML using the Layer To KML tool.
Metadata tools will be available in a future release of ArcGIS Pro.
- Esri Metadata Translator
- Export Metadata
- Export Metadata Multiple
- Import Metadata
- Metadata Importer
- Metadata Publisher
- Synchronize Metadata
- Upgrade Metadata
- USGS MP Metadata Translator
- Validate Metadata
- Validate Metadata multiple
- XML Schema Validation
- XSLT Transformation
- PDF To TIFF
- Raster To Video
Data Management Tools
- Compare Replica Schema
- Create Replica
- Create Replica Footprints
- Create Replica From Server
- Export Acknowledgement Message
- Export Data Change Message
- Export Replica Schema
- Import Message
- Import Replica Schema
- Re-Export Unacknowledged Messages
- Synchronize Changes
- Update Annotation Feature Class
- Upgrade Spatial Reference
The Upgrade Spatial Reference tool is primarily used with personal geodatabase feature classes, which are not supported in ArcGIS Pro.
Geometric networks are a read-only dataset in ArcGIS Pro. The capability to manage, model, and analyze network systems for water, gas, electric, telecom, sewer, storm water, and other utilities has been replaced by the Utility Network.
- Add Edge-Edge Connectivity Rule To Geometric Network
- Add Edge-Junction Connectivity Rule To Geometry Network
- Create Geometric Network
- Find Disconnected Features in Geometric Network
- Rebuild Geometric Network
- Remove Connectivity Rule From Geometric Network
- Remove Empty Feature Class From Geometric Network
- Set Flow Direction
- Trace Geometric Network
- Verify And Repair Geometric Network Connectivity
Graphing and charting capabilities in ArcGIS Pro have been redesigned. Graphs and graph templates created in ArcMap are not supported in ArcGIS Pro.
You can use the ArcPy Chart class to automate the creation of charts in ArcGIS Pro.
- Make Graph
- Save Graph
- Consolidate Result
- Create Runtime Content
Raster catalogs are a read-only dataset in ArcGIS Pro.Learn about migrating raster catalogs to mosaic datasets
- Copy Raster Catalog Items
- Create Raster Catalog
- Delete Raster Catalog Items
- Export Raster Catalog Paths
- Make Raster Catalog Layer
- Raster Catalog To Raster Dataset
- Repair Raster Catalog Paths
- Workspace To Raster Catalog
- Create ArcInfo Workspace
- Create ArcSDE Connection File
The Create ArcSDE Connection File tool has been replaced by the Create Database Connection tool.
- Create Personal GDB
Network Analyst Tools
These tools, which are primarily used to set up network analysis web services, will be available in a future release of ArcGIS Pro.
ArcGIS Pro provides the same and enhanced network analysis capabilities available in the Server toolset through other tools in the Network Analyst toolbox, Ready To Use Network Analysis tools, and the interactive network analysis workflow.
- Find Closest Facilities
- Find Routes
- Generate Service Areas
- Make Vehicle Routing Problem Layer
- Solve Location-Allocation
- Update Traffic Data
- Update Traffic Incidents
Parcel Fabric Tools
The legacy Parcel Fabric for ArcMap is supported as a read-only dataset in ArcGIS Pro. You cannot create new or edit existing Parcel Fabrics for ArcMap in ArcGIS Pro, so the entire toolbox has been removed.
A new and enhanced parcel management capability will be introduced in a future release of ArcGIS Pro.
Legacy schematics are not supported in ArcGIS Pro, so the entire toolbox has been removed.
Utility Network schematic diagrams provide the capability to generate symbolic and simplified representations of the geographic features in a network.
- Convert Map Server Cache Storage Format
- Create Map Server Cache
- Delete Globe Server Cache
- Manage Globe Server Cache Tiles
- Upgrade Map Server Cache Storage Format
- MXD to Web Map
- Sign In To Portal
- Sign Out From Portal
Tracking Analyst Tools
The Tracking Analyst extension is not yet available in ArcGIS Pro.
One of the most commonly used features of Tracking Analyst, the data clock, is available as a core chart type.