Available for an ArcGIS organization licensed with the Indoors extension.
ArcGIS Indoors for iOS and ArcGIS Indoors for Android support sharing location and tracking of mobile devices. The mobile apps have preconfigured default values for the frequency of uploading tracking points when the device is stationary or in motion. These values can be overwritten if necessary.
To do this, you need to add the custom values in the ArcGIS Indoors Configuration table and include it your mobile map package.
- In the Contents pane, right-click the Indoors Configuration table and click Open.
The Indoors Configuration table view appears.
- Double-click the Config Value field for DEVICE_MONITOR_ENDPOINT_FEATURESERVICE and paste the device tracking layer feature service URL.
You only need to set this value if you are using a custom feature service for tracking. Indoors mobile apps will always report locations to the Location Tracking feature service if it is enabled on your portal, even when you have configured this value.
- Double-click the Config Value field for the following keys and set their values.
- LOCATION_TRANSMISSION_FREQUENCY—Specifies the frequency (in seconds) to post device location information.
- LOCATION_STORE_AND_FORWARD_FREQUENCY—Specifies the frequency (in seconds) to store device location events until network connectivity improves or has been restored.
- LOCATION_STORE_AND_FORWARD_MAX_POINTS—Specifies the maximum number of device location events to store until network connectivity improves or has been restored.
- LOCATION_TRANSMIT_IF_STATIONARY—Specifies whether location information is reported when a device has not moved more than 3 meters.
Choose the value of frequency to post location information based on the number of users and type of data store. Setting a frequency less than 10 seconds can cause high battery usage and network congestion.