You can manage project favorites in the Catalog pane or the catalog view. Any changes made to project favorites are saved immediately when the change is made. The project favorites collection is saved independently of changes made to the project itself.
When working with the project favorites collection, you can perform the following operations:
- Reorder your favorite items by dragging them to the desired location in the list. For example, you can group your favorite items by type, location, or theme.
- Designate a favorite item to be added to any new project you create by right-clicking the item and clicking Add To New Projects . The favorite item will have a pin appear on its icon; the next time you right-click the item, the Add To New Projects option in the context menu will be checked.
- Rename favorite items the same way you rename project items.
- Renaming folders, databases, and servers also renames the folder, database, database connection file, or server connection file on disk. If the favorite item is in use in the current project, the change is reflected there immediately.
- Custom styles that are added to your favorites collection cannot be renamed.
- Change a database or database connection's properties by right-clicking the item and clicking the appropriate option in its context menu. For example, you can change the user name and password information for an enterprise geodatabase connection. If the item is in use in the current project, the change is reflected there immediately.
- Stop a favorite item from being added to any new project you create by right-clicking the item and unchecking Add To New Projects. Any new projects created will not include this item. The item is not removed from the project favorites collection or from any projects to which it was previously added.
- Remove a favorite item from the project favorites collection by right-clicking the item and clicking Remove . Removing an item from the project favorites collection has no impact on the current project, any existing project, or on the item itself.
- If an item was moved or renamed outside of ArcGIS Pro, the project favorites collection may not be able to locate the item and its connection will be invalid. You can repair the connection to the favorite item.
- The items in your project favorites collection are managed by ArcGIS Pro and are always up to date. However, you may need to refresh the contents of specific favorite items.