The first step to get started with ArcGIS Pro is to download and install the application. There are also optional setups available that provide offline help and language packs that allow you to run ArcGIS Pro in your preferred language. You can get ArcGIS Pro if you're current on maintenance for ArcGIS Desktop, or download the ArcGIS free trial. If you have other general questions about installation, see the FAQ.
- Review the ArcGIS Pro system requirements to verify operating system and other environmental prerequisites.
- Download ArcGIS Pro and any optional setups from My Esri. To download, your Esri account must be connected to your organization with the appropriate permissions. If you don't have appropriate permissions, the option to download will not be available to you. On the My Organizations tab in My Esri, click Request permissions to your organization, which will notify your administrator to connect your Esri Account to your organization.
- ArcGIS Pro (required): Download from My Esri to get the main ArcGIS Pro application.
- Offline Help (optional): Download from My Esri to access offline help (local help files) for ArcGIS Pro. By default, ArcGIS Pro connects to and displays an online help system. If you will be working in a disconnected environment, install the local help files.
- Install ArcGIS Pro first.
- Install any of the optional downloads.
- Start the ArcGIS Pro installation program and click Next when you are ready to proceed.
- Review the license agreement and accept it if you agree. Click Next to continue with the installation. You must exit if you do not agree with the terms.
- Select the installation context in which ArcGIS Pro will install, whether per machine (all users) or current user. By default, the per-machine option is selected. Click Next when you are ready to continue. (Note that if the user running the setup does not have administrative privileges, a per-machine instance of ArcGIS Pro cannot be installed.)
- Click Change to specify the installation folder or click Next to accept the default location of C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\. (Note that if the installation folder is changed, neither ArcGIS nor Pro is appended to the modified path. It is recommended that the selected custom installation location include a folder and not the root location of a drive.)
- Click Install to begin the installation. Note that the Esri User Experience Improvement check box is checked by default.
- Click Finish to close the wizard when the installation completes. Leave the Run ArcGIS Pro now check box checked if you want to immediately start the application.
- If needed, run the offline help setup for ArcGIS Pro by browsing to its installation folder and executing the ArcGISProHelp.msi file. This setup is needed to get offline help (local help files) for ArcGIS Pro. By default, ArcGIS Pro uses web-based help in a browser. If you will be working in a disconnected environment, install the local help files.
After you complete the download and install ArcGIS Pro, you must have an authorized license to begin using the application.
If you have an ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS Named User account, start ArcGIS Pro, and use your user name and password to sign in. If these credentials do not work, contact your administrator because you may not have a license assigned to your username, or you may be using a different type of license than the default Named User license.
If you are an administrator, the steps you follow to authorize your licenses depend on the type of license you are using. By default, ArcGIS Pro uses Named User licensing, but you have the option to convert licenses to Concurrent Use or Single Use licenses in My Esri.