The first steps to getting started with ArcGIS Pro are to download, install, and authorize the application. For more information about download and installation, see the FAQ. If you don't have access to a licensed copy of ArcGIS Pro, you can sign up for the ArcGIS Pro free trial.
You can download ArcGIS Pro in the available language of your choice. Language packs are optional, smaller downloads that allow you to switch between languages. For example, you might want to be able to run ArcGIS Pro in either an English-language or a Spanish-language version. For more information, see Language options.
Download from My Esri
Follow these steps to download ArcGIS Pro and optional components from My Esri. For more detailed instructions with graphics, see How To: Download and install Esri software from My Esri.
- Go to My Esri.
- Click the My Organizations tab and click the Downloads tab under it.
- In the list of available products, next to ArcGIS Pro, confirm that the version number (for example, 2.6) is correct. Click View Downloads.
- In the list of product components, next to ArcGIS Pro, click Download.
- Optionally, download other product components, such as ArcGIS Pro offline help.
By default, ArcGIS Pro uses an online help system. If you are working in a disconnected environment, install the offline help system. For more information, see About ArcGIS Pro Help.
Download from ArcGIS Online
Alternatively, you can download ArcGIS Pro in the language of your choice from ArcGIS Online.
- Sign in to your ArcGIS Online organization.
- At the top of the page, click your user name and click My settings.
- On the My settings page, click the Licenses tab.
- Next to ArcGIS Pro, click Download.
ArcGIS Pro can be installed as a per-machine installation or as a per-user installation. A per-machine installation allows all users on the machine to use ArcGIS Pro. A per-user installation allows only the installer to use ArcGIS Pro. The default installation locations for each option can be found in Install ArcGIS Pro silently using command line parameters under INSTALLDIR. The steps below reflect a per-machine installation.
You should install ArcGIS Pro and/or ArcGIS Pro Intelligence before you install any optional setups.
For ArcGIS Pro to be installed per user on supported Windows Server operating systems, the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer must contain the REG_DWORD data type DisableMSI, with a value of 0. For more information, see the MSDN topic DisableMSI.
- Review the ArcGIS Pro system requirements to verify operating system and other environmental prerequisites.
- Start the ArcGIS Pro installation program and click Next when you are ready to proceed.
- Review the license agreement and accept it if you agree. Click Next to continue with the installation. You must exit if you do not agree with the terms.
- Select the installation context in which ArcGIS Pro will install, whether per-machine (all users) or per-user. By default, the per-machine option is selected. Click Next to continue.
If the user running the setup does not have administrative privileges, a per-machine instance of ArcGIS Pro cannot be installed.
- Select whether to install ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Pro Intelligence, or both.
By default, ArcGIS Pro is installed and ArcGIS Pro Intelligence is not installed. Learn more about ArcGIS Pro Intelligence.
- Click Change to specify the installation folder or click Next to accept the default location of C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\.
If the installation folder is changed, neither ArcGIS nor Pro is appended to the modified path. It is recommended that the selected custom installation location include a folder and not the root location of a drive.
- Click Install to begin the installation. Note that the Esri User Experience Improvement check box is checked by default.
- Click Finish to close the wizard when the installation completes. Leave the Run ArcGIS Pro now check box checked if you want to start the application immediately.
- Optionally, install the offline help system for ArcGIS Pro by browsing to its installation folder and executing the ArcGISProHelp.msi file.
You have the option to install the offline help system for ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Pro Intelligence, or both. By default, only the offline help system for ArcGIS Pro is installed.
You do not need to uninstall the previous version of ArcGIS Pro before installing the latest release. However, if you have installed any language packs for the previous version of ArcGIS Pro, it is recommended that you uninstall them before installing ArcGIS Pro. Only one version of ArcGIS Pro can be installed on a machine at a time; when you install a new version, the old version is overwritten.
After you download and install ArcGIS Pro, you must have an authorized license to begin using the application.
If you have an ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise account, you can start ArcGIS Pro with a Named User license. If your credentials do not work, contact your administrator. A license may not have been assigned to you, or you may need to authorize a Single Use or Concurrent Use license instead of a Named User license.
If you are an administrator, the steps to authorize licenses depend on the type of license you are using. By default, ArcGIS Pro uses Named User licensing, but you also have the option to use Single Use or Concurrent Use licensing.