The ArcGIS Pro quick-start tutorials introduce you to many aspects of ArcGIS Pro. They cover basic operations, such as adding data and navigating in 3D, as well as workflows, such as making map layouts and analysis models.
About the tutorials
The tutorials vary in length from 10 to 45 minutes. Most include a short video that previews the tutorial. Here are a few of the things you'll do as you learn ArcGIS Pro:
- Explore a mountain in 3D.
- Visualize flood risk in an urban area.
- Draw a population heat map and compare it to city bus routes.
- Share a map of hiking trails to ArcGIS Online.
- Identify areas at risk from invasive grass species.
- Create data to represent ski cabins in a national park.
ArcGIS Pro software is required for the tutorials. If you already have ArcGIS Pro, update your software to ArcGIS Pro 2.0, if necessary, for the best experience. If you don't have ArcGIS Pro, you can sign up for an ArcGIS Pro free trial.
We recommend following the tutorials in order, especially if you're a new GIS user, but it's up to you. Each tutorial can be done independently of the others. However, common operations are described in more detail in the Learn the basics section than in other sections.
Most tutorials start with an existing ArcGIS Pro project and data. The projects and data you need for all the tutorials are included in a single download file on the ArcGIS Pro Quick-Start Data page.
Beyond the quick-start tutorials
You can find more tutorials on special topics in the ArcGIS Pro help system.
- Map authoring: Author and share a map
- Python: Create a map book with Python
- Sharing your work: Author and share a local scene to Portal for ArcGIS
- Geocoding series beginning with: Find addresses
- Network Analyst series beginning with: Create routes
- Data Reviewer series beginning with: Store validation results in your project
The Learn ArcGIS site is a collection of lessons that use ArcGIS software in real-world situations. From the Lesson Gallery, you can filter by product to show lessons that use ArcGIS Pro.
Analytics case studies are in-depth analysis projects that provide scenarios, data, and workflows to solve complex problems. Solutions are typically outlined for different software applications, including ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, and ArcGIS Online.
The Esri Training Catalog has a variety of learning resources, including instructor-led courses, web courses, training seminars, and videos. On the Catalog tab, click Find Training and filter by ArcGIS Pro. You can also filter by free training.