After you have selected features, either interactively or using other methods such as through a query or in the attribute table, there are many ways you can work with the selection. Here are some of the tasks you can perform with selected features.
- Zoom or pan to selected features. The Navigate group on the Map tab contains a set of navigation tools that apply to selected features, or you can right-click a layer in the Contents pane to access these commands. You can also zoom to the selection by clicking the count of selected features in the lower corner of the map.
- View attribute values or edit them on the Attributes pane. On the Map tab or Edit tab, in the Selection group, click Attributes to display the pane.
- Clear selected features by clicking Clear Selection or by clicking the map in a place where there are no features.
- Interact with the attribute table. Selecting features in your map simultaneously selects corresponding rows in the table. To open the table to see only the selected features, select the layer in the Contents pane to display the Feature Layer contextual tabs. On the Data tab, in the Table group, click Table From Selection.
- Switch the selection. To deselect all the selected features and select all the deselected ones, right-click the layer in the Contents pane, point to Selection, and click Switch Selection.