Available with ArcGIS Pro Standard and Data Reviewer licenses.
Error features captured by Reviewer validation rules are stored in the error layers. Errors can be reviewed in the Error Inspector pane during quality assurance workflows.
Once a dataset has been evaluated using attributes rules, use the Error Inspector pane and Details tab to view information about each error feature.
Display error life cycle
The Error Inspector supports reporting of the error life cycle phase of errors created using Reviewer validation rules. Perform the following steps to display the status of error results:
- In the Contents pane, right-click a layer containing data to be evaluated and click Add Error Layers .
Point, polyline, polygon, and object error layers are added to the map in a new group layer named Error Layers.
- On the Edit tab, in the Manage Edits group, click Error Inspector .
The Error Inspector pane appears.
- On the Error Inspector toolbar, click the menu button and click Show Status to display the Phase and Status columns.
To turn off the columns if the life cycle management of errors is unnecessary, click Show Status from the menu .
Filter error features
You can refine the list of errors displayed in the Error Inspector pane by applying filters. You can apply multiple filters to errors displayed in the pane. For example, you can filter errors by Phase and Severity to identify active errors that most severely impact data quality.
Perform the following steps to filter the display of error results:
- In the Error Inspector pane, in the Filter group, click Fields .
- In the Fields menu, expand a filter type to display the list of values applicable to the filter type.
- Apply filter types as required.
- Click Close to close the menu and display the errors that meet the filter criteria.