You are doing one of the following:
- Sharing or overwriting a web feature layer
- Sharing or overwriting a map image layer
- Sharing a vector tile layer with an associated map image and/or feature layer
- Sharing or saving a web map that publishes web feature layers or map image layers
- Publishing or overwriting a map service
Unique numeric IDs are not assigned to layers and stand-alone tables in your map because the Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for sharing web layers option is not enabled on the Map Properties dialog box. It is recommended that you author the map with this option enabled so that you can assign static IDs to layers and stand-alone tables.
If you're overwriting a web layer or service, ensure that the IDs you assigned to layers and tables in your map match existing service sublayer IDs. Otherwise, overwriting may break web maps using the service. For more information, see Assign layer IDs.
Do one of the following:
- To ensure that layer and table IDs remain static when the web layer or service is overwritten, set the map to allow assignment of unique numeric IDs and customize the layer and table IDs.
Hover over the analyzer message. Click the Options button that appears and click Open Map Properties To Allow Assignment. On the Map Properties dialog box, on the General tab, check Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for sharing web layers and click OK. Review and assign custom IDs to each layer and table in the map.
- Right-click a layer or stand-alone table in the Contents pane and click Properties .
- On the Layer Properties or Standalone Table Properties dialog box, on the General tab, type a custom integer ID in the Layer ID or Table ID text box.
You should be intentional when assigning IDs, such as sequentially numbering your layers in multiples of 10 (10, 20, 30, and so on). This provides space for the addition of future layers. For example, you can add layers between existing layers and assign IDs that are between multiples of 10 (15, 25, 35, and so on).
- Repeat the previous two steps for each layer or stand-alone table as necessary.
If you are overwriting a web layer or service, ensure that the IDs match existing service sublayer IDs.
- If you want the IDs to be automatically assigned sequentially based on drawing order in the Contents pane, skip the analyzer.
Hover over the analyzer message. Click the Options button that appears and click Auto-Assign IDs Sequentially. This option unchecks the Ensure map is set to allow assignment of unique IDs check box, which is available when you configure a web layer. Under the Configuration tab, click Configure Parameters . The option is under Settings. When you share the web layer, the service sublayers are automatically assigned IDs based on drawing order, beginning with 0.
For more information, see Assign layer IDs and Analyze your GIS resource.