Your layer uses a symbol that is not supported when publishing web feature layers. The symbol will be downgraded to a simple symbol that is supported.
- Do nothing. The server downgrades the symbol to a symbol that is supported.
- Change the layer's symbology.
- Remove the layer if it is not needed.
Web feature layers allow you to query features and feature symbology. You can use this information to draw features with a symbology consistent with what is defined on the web feature layer.
The symbols returned by the web feature layer are based on the symbology of the layers in the map. Each symbol in each layer is referred to as a type. For example, a layer symbolized with a single symbol has one type. If a layer is symbolized by unique values, a type for each unique symbol class is returned.
Web feature layers do not support the following symbology:
- Unique values symbology based on multiple fields.
- Graduated colors symbology that varies by rotation or size, or uses symbol level drawing).
- Graduated symbols symbology on polygon features.
- Proportional symbology.
- Dot density symbology.
- Chart symbology.
- Scale-based symbology. For more information, see Author a multiscale map.
In addition to the symbology listed above, this analyzer is raised in other circumstances: