Uploading the service definition file may overwrite an existing service because the service definition file was created in one of the following ways:
- When overwriting a web layer.
- When using Python to create a service definition draft, the overwriteExistingService property was set to True. For an example, see FeatureSharingDraft.
Before overwriting an existing service, review Considerations when overwriting web layers.
Do one of the following:
- Ignore the warning if there is no existing service.
- Publish a new service:
- On the Upload Service Definition tool dialog box, under Override Service Properties, specify a new name for Service Name. This overrides the current service name in the service definition.
- Change the service name in the service definition draft file (.sddraft) and use the Stage Service tool to stage a new service definition.