获得 Aviation Airports 许可后可用。
获得 Aviation Charting 许可后可用。
Text and symbol properties can be configured for obstruction identification surface (OIS) and obstacles shown in the Terrain and Obstacle Profile element.
Complete the following steps to access and configure the OIS properties:
- In the Contents pane, click the new layout element titled Terrain and Obstacle Profile to format its text and symbology.
The Format OIS view opens in the Element pane.
Multiple OIS specifications may be listed in the Contents pane if they exist in the source OIS layer. A definition query on the OIS layer in the source map or scene can be used to limit the available specifications.
- Optionally, uncheck any OIS specifications that you don't want to display in the Contents pane.
OIS used for base or optional specifications are always displayed and can't be unchecked. If the OIS is used as the base or optional specification, the Draw OIS check box is checked by default. Otherwise, this check box behaves in the same way as an OIS check box in the Contents pane.
- In the Contents pane, change the label that appears on the OIS within the element by changing the text in the Label text box.
- Customize the label text properties using the OIS Text controls for symbol, color, and size.
- Customize the line symbol properties using the OIS Symbol controls for symbol, color, and size.
Complete the following steps to access and configure obstacle properties:
- In the Contents pane, click an obstacle to view and configure its text and symbology.
The Format Obstacle view opens in the Element pane.
- Check the Show Penetrating check box to display only the obstacles that penetrate the OIS.
Uncheck this box to show all obstacles that planimetrically intersect the OIS regardless of whether they penetrate the OIS. The Obstacle layer displays the path to the source feature class of the OIS layer.
- Click the Location drop-down arrow to choose an option and set the placement of obstacle labels.
- Surface—Obstacles are labeled along the OIS surface. This is the default.
- Top—Obstacles are labeled at the top of the obstacle height line.
- Base—Obstacles are labeled at the base of the obstacle height line.
Obstacles are symbolized as vertical lines plotted to their respective heights. Obstacle symbology is divided between the following:
- Base—The ground under the obstacle
- Height—The above ground extent of the obstacle
- Symbol—A marker used as a background for labels
- Text—The symbol used for the labels
- Set the line symbol, color, and width (in points) for the obstacle's base and height using the controls.
- Configure the symbol for the label markers by clicking the current marker to open its appearance properties.
- Configure the Text, Symbol, Color, and point Size properties using the controls.
- Click Apply, and click Close.