You can export selected records or all records in a table to create a new table. For example, you might want to modify a table without altering the original records, share the table with a colleague, or create a table with a particular set of records.
The output table can be saved in a dBASE table, geodatabase, or comma-delimited .txt file.
- Right-click the table or layer in the Contents pane and choose either Open for a table or Attribute Table for a layer.
- Click the Menu button in the upper right of the table view.
- Click Export . The geoprocessing pane appears to reveal the Copy Rows tool.
- In the Output Table parameter, type a name and set the destination for the output table. By default, a file name is provided, but you can change it. The default output location is the project's file geodatabase. You can see this destination path by hovering over the output text box.
- Optionally, click the Browse button for the Output Table parameter and browse to the folder or geodatabase where you want to place the exported data.
If the output table is in a folder, include an extension such as .csv, .txt, or .dbf to make the table the specified format. If the output table is in a geodatabase, you do not need to specify an extension.
- Click Save in the Output Table window.
- Click Run to execute the Copy Rows tool.
The resultant table is saved to the specified location and added to the Contents pane.