Available with Standard or Advanced license.
A named trace configuration is created using the Add Trace Configuration tool. Named trace configurations allow you to create complex traces that can be shared across an organization through web maps and consumed by web and field applications.
The following requirements apply:
The input trace network must be version 2 or later.
When working with an enterprise geodatabase, the input trace network must be from a trace network service.
The connected portal account is set as the creator of the trace configuration.
Operating system authentication is used to store the creator of a trace configuration when working with a single-user deployment of the trace network.
- The creator of a named trace configuration controls access to view and make modifications to the configuration in an enterprise geodatabase.
Create a named trace configuration
Follow these steps to create a named trace configuration in the trace network:
- On the Analysis tab, in the Geoprocessing group, click Tools to open the Geoprocessing pane.
- In the Geoprocessing pane, search for and select Add Trace Configuration.
The tool is located in the Trace Configuration toolset of the Trace Network toolbox.
- For Input Trace Network, specify a trace network.
- For Trace Configuration Name, specify a name for the named trace configuration.
- For Description, optionally, provide a description for the named trace configuration.
- For Tags, optionally, provide any user tags to identify the named trace configuration.
- Apply additional configuration parameters as needed.Reference the Trace tool for a full list of tool parameters.
- Click Run.