The Copy Templates command copies feature templates from a source map to a destination map. This command is available when you right-click a map in the Manage Templates pane.
When you copy feature templates, consider the following:
- You can choose to replace or skip existing templates in the destination map that have matching names.
- Feature templates with unique names in the source map are copied to matching layers and group layers in the destination map.
- Feature templates with broken data sources are not copied.
To copy feature templates, complete the following steps:
- On the ribbon Edit tab, click Manage Templates in the Manage Edits group.
The Manage Templates pane appears.
- In the layers view, right-click the map containing the source templates and click Copy Templates .
The Copy Templates dialog box appears.
- Click the Choose the target map drop-down arrow and choose the destination map.
The source feature templates to be copied appear in the Layer Matching view.
- If duplicate template names exist between the source and destination maps, choose one of the following options in the Handle duplicate templates section.
- Skip—Copy feature templates with unique names to the destination map, and do not replace templates with matching names.
- Overwrite in Target—Copy feature templates with unique names to the destination map, and replace templates with matching names.
These options are not available if duplicate template names don't exist.
- Review the feature templates to be copied in the Layer Matching view.
Layers in the source map that do not have feature templates do not appear in this view.
- Click Copy to copy the feature templates from the source map to the destination map.
If you click Cancel, also click Undo on the Quick Access Toolbar immediately following cancelling this command to ensure that all changes are undone.