The Replace Sketch command replaces the geometry of an unfinished feature with the geometry of another feature. This command is available while you draw a feature using a feature construction tool and right-click a finished feature.
When you use this tool, consider the following:
- The source feature must be the same geometry type as the unfinished feature you are drawing.
- The geometry that is copied to the unfinished feature is placed over the source feature.
To replace the geometry of an unfinished feature, complete the following steps:
- Create at least two unfinished segments using a polyline or polygon feature construction tool.
- Right-click a finished feature containing the geometry you want to copy, and click Replace Sketch .
The geometry is copied to the unfinished feature and placed over the source feature.
- To finish the feature, click Finish , or press the F2 key.
Use the Move tool to move the new feature.