The Transfer Attributes tool uses the current field mapping settings to copy attributes from features in a source feature layer to corresponding features in a target feature layer. This tool is available in the Modify Features pane.
When you use this tool, consider the following:
- Field mapping for source and target feature layers and their corresponding attribute fields is configured on the Editor Settings dialog box.
- Source and target layers must be selectable and the target layer must be editable.
To transfer attributes between features, complete the following steps:
- In the Contents pane, confirm that the source and target layers are selectable and visible and the target layer is editable.
Also, confirm that definition queries and scale ranges correctly display features.
- On the ribbon, click the Edit tab. In the Features group, click Modify .
- In the Modify Features pane, click Transfer Attributes .
To find the tool, expand Attributes, or type Transfer in the Search text box.
- In the tool pane, click the Editor Settings button , click Field Mapping , confirm your field mapping settings, and click OK to close the dialog box.
Use the Attributes pane to verify the attributes of the source and target features before transferring attributes.
- In the map, click the source feature containing the attribute values you want to copy.
- Click the target feature in the map.
Press Shift to select and copy the values to multiple features.