A map series is made up of multiple pages, but only one page at a time can be shown in the view. You can navigate map series pages in the following ways:
- Use the Contents pane to view all your pages and go to a page of your choosing.
- Use the navigation arrows to move through each page.
- Use the page number control text box to search for a page name or page number.
Use the Contents pane
You can view each page in the map series in the Contents pane. Page numbers are displayed to the left of the page name.
- Ensure that the layout view is active.
- In the Contents pane, click the List Map Series Pages button .
- To search pages in the map series, use the search box or scroll bar at the bottom of the pane.
- To zoom to a page in the map series, double-click it or right-click and choose Navigate to page.
Use the navigation arrows
You can use the arrows at the bottom of the Contents pane to move through the map series page by page. You have the option of going forward or backward through the pages. You can also go to the first or last page of the series.
Clicking the previous page button takes you to the page previous to the one currently viewed based on sort order, not necessarily the previously viewed page. Likewise, the next page button takes you to the next page in the series.
Use the page number control
Another way to navigate a map series is to type a page number in the page number control text box. This immediately sets the current page to the page number specified.