You can force the placement of all the labels belonging to a given label class on the map with the Never remove (place overlapping) option. The Maplex Label Engine will attempt to place the labels according to the placement properties first, and if a conflict-free position for a label cannot be found, the label will be placed with a conflict.
You should use this option with some caution. Since all labels from the label class are placed, there is no guarantee the labels won't overlap each other.
- Ensure that the Maplex Label Engine is enabled.
- Ensure that List By Labeling is the active method of displaying the Contents pane. Click List by Labeling .
- Choose a label class in the Contents pane and click the Labeling tab.
- On the Labeling tab, in the Label Placement group, click Label Placement Properties .
- In the Labeling pane, click Position and click the Conflict resolution tab .
- Expand Unplaced labels.
- Check the Never remove (place overlapping) check box.
Turning this option on may result in overlapping labels.