To search a given piece of terrain and document entities found, there are several steps you must take. For example, you may want to divide the area in a logical way to ensure easy communication when sharing your findings. Additionally, proper data infrastructure and editing functions are necessary to assign designations to particular entities. Using Clearing Grids, you can systemically search and catalog items of interest in your geography.
Add and open Clearing Grids
To add and open Clearing Grids on the ArcGIS Pro ribbon, complete the following steps:
- Follow the steps in Customize the ribbon options to add a new group to a new or existing tab.
- Provide a name for the group.
- Add the Open Clearing Grids command to the new group.
- On the Options dialog box, click OK.
- Open an existing project or create a project.
- On the ribbon, click the tab where you added the Clearing Grids tools, and click Open Clearing Grids .