The information displayed in a report comes directly from geographic data attribute information or from a stand-alone table.
Set the data source in the Create New Report pane
To create a report, you must define the data source of the report in the Create New Report pane.
- On the Insert tab, in the Project group, click New Report to open the Create New Report pane. Alternatively, right-click a table or layer in the Contents pane of a map or right-click the Reports folder in the Catalog pane.
- In the Create New Report pane, review or update the Report Name field.
- Click the Browse button to browse to the data source.
- When a table or layer is used to open the pane, the data source is prepopulated with its name.
- Data sources from a map are impacted by selections.
- Click OK.
- Click Next to set the Filter the data options, or click Finish to generate the report view using the current configuration.
Alter the report source in the Report Properties dialog box
You can change the underlying data source of a report after it has been created on the Report Properties dialog box.
- When you change the data source of a report, an identical schema is required. If a report field does not exist in the new schema, that field appears blank when viewed.
- If you change the main data source, any related report may no longer exist and the related records won't be exported when you share the report.
- In the Contents pane, right-click the report section and select Properties.
- On the Source tab, next to Data source, click the Change data source button to change the underlying data source.
- For Rows, choose either All rows or Filter by expression.
- Click OK to apply this change.