Some geoprocessing tools that are available in ArcMap are not available in ArcGIS Pro. Namely, geoprocessing tools that process data formats that are not supported in ArcGIS Pro are not available in ArcGIS Pro but often have alternatives, which are listed below.
Python scripts and ModelBuilder models built in ArcMap that use tools not available in ArcGIS Pro do not function and require updates.
3D Analyst tools
- Export To 3D Web Scene
Coverages are not supported in ArcGIS Pro, so the entire toolbox has been removed.
- Collapse Dual Lines To Centerline
Grids and graticules
- Delete Grids And Graticules
- Make Grids and Graticules Layer
Grids and graticules can be converted to graphics layers and feature classes using the Convert To Graphics and Convert To Features commands on a grid element in a layout.
- Add Representations
- Calculate Representation Rule
- Drop Representation
- Remove Override
- Select Feature By Override
- Set Layer Representation
- Set Representation Control Point At Intersect
- Set Representation Control Point By Angle
- Update Override
- Import CAD Annotation
Coverages are not supported in ArcGIS Pro.
- Feature Class To Coverage
- Import Coverage Annotation
- Import From E00
- The Copy Runtime Geodatabase to File Geodatabase tool has been replaced by the Mobile Geodatabase To File Geodatabase tool.
Metadata geoprocessing tools are not available in ArcGIS Pro; however, you can automate metadata workflows using the arcpy.metadata module.
- Esri Metadata Translator
- Export Metadata
- Export Metadata Multiple
- Import Metadata
- Metadata Importer
- Metadata Publisher
- Synchronize Metadata
- Upgrade Metadata
- USGS MP Metadata Translator
- Validate Metadata
- Validate Metadata multiple
- XML Schema Validation
- XSLT Transformation
- Raster To Video
Data Management tools
- Compare Replica Schema
- Create Replica Footprints
- Export Replica Schema
- Import Replica Schema
- Update Annotation Feature Class
- Upgrade Spatial Reference
The Upgrade Spatial Reference tool is primarily used with personal geodatabase feature classes, which are not supported in ArcGIS Pro.
- Add Edge-Edge Connectivity Rule To Geometric Network
- Add Edge-Junction Connectivity Rule To Geometry Network
- Create Geometric Network
- Find Disconnected Features in Geometric Network
- Rebuild Geometric Network
- Remove Connectivity Rule From Geometric Network
- Remove Empty Feature Class From Geometric Network
- Set Flow Direction
- Trace Geometric Network
- Verify And Repair Geometric Network Connectivity
- Make Graph
- Save Graph
Graphing and charting capabilities in ArcGIS Pro have been redesigned. Graphs and graph templates created in ArcMap are not supported in ArcGIS Pro.
You can use the ArcPy Chart class to automate the creation of charts in ArcGIS Pro.
Additionally, you can author a layer with charts, save the layer as a layer file, and set that layer file as the Symbology property for custom script tool or model tool output parameters. When the script or model tool is run, the charts are automatically created for the new output datasets.
- Consolidate Result
- Create Runtime Content
Raster catalogs are a read-only dataset in ArcGIS Pro.Learn about migrating raster catalogs to mosaic datasets
- Copy Raster Catalog Items
- Create Raster Catalog
- Delete Raster Catalog Items
- Export Raster Catalog Paths
- Make Raster Catalog Layer
- Raster Catalog To Raster Dataset
- Repair Raster Catalog Paths
- Workspace To Raster Catalog
Data Reviewer tools
- Geodatabase Schema Compare
Location Referencing tools
The Location Referencing Tools toolbox in ArcGIS Pro combines many of the tools available in the Pipeline Referencing and Roads and Highways toolboxes in ArcMap.
- Calculate Route Concurrencies
- Convert M-Value Units Of Measure
- Convert Table To CSV File
- Detect Gaps For Linear Events
- Detect Measures Out Of Range
- Detect Non-Monotonic Routes
- Detect Overlaps For Linear Events
The Maritime Tools toolbox in ArcGIS Pro combines many of the tools available in the ArcGIS Maritime and ArcGIS Bathymetry toolboxes in ArcMap.
ArcGIS Maritime supports workflows for managing and producing hydrographic data in compliance with International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) standards.
- Chart Automation
- Convert AML Format
- Create ZOC Diagram
- Generate Annotation Masks
- Generate Cartographic Limits
- Generate Light Sector
- Add Bathymetry
- Create Mosaic Dataset From Model
- Define Bathymetry
- Create Surface Model
- Export BIS Metadata
- Export Deconflicted Footprints
- Export Footprints
- Export Points
Network Analyst tools
- Find Closest Facilities
- Find Routes
- Generate Service Areas
- Make Vehicle Routing Problem Layer
- Solve Location-Allocation
- Update Traffic Data
- Update Traffic Incidents
Parcel Fabric tools
The legacy parcel fabric for ArcMap is supported as a read-only dataset in ArcGIS Pro. You cannot create new or edit existing parcel fabrics for ArcMap in ArcGIS Pro, so the entire toolbox has been replaced.
Legacy schematics are not supported in ArcGIS Pro, so the entire toolbox has been removed.
Utility Network schematic diagrams allow you to generate symbolic and simplified representations of the geographic features in a network.
- Delete Globe Server Cache
- Manage Globe Server Cache Tiles
- Upgrade Map Server Cache Storage Format
- MXD To Web Map
- Sign In To Portal
You can use the ArcPy SignInToPortal function to automate signing in to a portal.
- Sign Out From Portal
Tracking Analyst tools
The ArcGIS Tracking Analyst extension is not available or on the road map for ArcGIS Pro.