Streaming creates a free-form sketch by automatically creating vertices at constant intervals as you drag the pointer. This tool is available in the Modify Features pane and on the construction toolbar as an optional segment constructor when you are using other tools.
Clicking the map while streaming vertices suspends the tool and allows you to change the current construction tool or optional settings for the tolerance distance between vertices and converting segments to Bézier curves.
This construction tool is not available when you edit a stereo map using the Image Analyst extension with this release of ArcGIS Pro.
To create segments by streaming, complete the following steps:
- If the current map does not contain a line or polygon feature layer, add it.
- On the ribbon, click the View tab.
- In the Windows group, click Catalog Pane and expand Databases .
- Expand the default database or the database containing your data.
To create a feature class, right-click the database, click New and click Feature Class.
- Drag the feature class onto the map.
A feature template is automatically created with default settings for the new layer.
- On the ribbon, click the Edit tab, confirm your snapping preferences and show the Create Features pane.
- In the Snapping group, click Snapping and confirm your snapping preferences.
- In the Features group, click Create .
- In the Create Features pane, click a polyline or polygon feature template.
The construction toolbar appears at the bottom of the map.
- In the feature template, click the Active Template arrow to view or change the attributes set for this template.
- In the Active Template pane, click Streaming .
If you are drawing a line or polygon feature and using a different construction tool that creates multiple vertices, you can switch to streaming by clicking the tool on the construction toolbar or pressing the F8 key.
- Click the map and drag the pointer across the map to start streaming vertices.
- To change the streaming tolerance or change the Bézier settings, press the O key.
Specify the distance at which vertices are created at constant intervals.
The default tolerance of zero (0) creates overlapping vertices. This is a common setting when drawing features such as a shoreline or a river.
Check this setting to convert segments to Bézier curves.
- To stop streaming, click the map.
- To finish the features, click Finish or press the F2 key.
Keyboard shortcuts for this tool are described in the following table:
Create by streaming
View the options.
Open the Options dialog box.
Start or stop streaming.
Begin or stop streaming.