In the Modify Features pane, Continue Feature resumes sketching a finished line, a polygon, or a multipoint feature. You can use it to add new segments to a line feature from the last vertex. As you sketch new segments, you can right-click and reverse the direction of the line.
For steps to replace several segments with new geometry, see Reshape a feature.
- On the Edit tab, in the Features group, click Modify .
The Modify Features pane appears.
- Expand Reshape and click Continue Feature .
The tool opens in the pane.
- In the pane, click Active Select and select the line feature you want to continue sketching.
If you select more than one feature, click an item in the list to flash it in the map. Right-click the feature you want to edit and click Only Select This .
The selection appears as a list in the pane, and the construction toolbar appears at the bottom of the map.
- To reverse the direction of the line feature and continue sketching from the other end, right-click the selected line and click Reverse Direction .
- Sketch new segments using tools on the construction toolbar, or right-click and specify a direction and distance or a coordinate location.
To change the geometry of an existing segment, hover over the segment until the segment pointer appears, right-click the segment, and click Change Segment.
- On the construction toolbar, click Finish or press the F2 key.