The Point tool creates point features. If the data source is a multipoint feature, point features are automatically added to the multipoint feature until you finish the feature. This tool is available in the Create Features pane with feature templates for point feature layers.
When you use this tool, consider the following:
- Z-aware point features are assigned z-values based on your current elevation settings.
- To resume editing a multipoint feature, click the Continue Feature tool in the Modify Features pane and select the feature.
To create point or multipoint features, complete the following steps:
- Add your data and configure settings for editing.
Confirm that the feature layer you are editing is editable, the coordinate system assigned to the active map is suitable for the type of edits you're performing, and snapping is configured to help you work efficiently and accurately.
- On the ribbon, click the Edit tab. In the Features group, click Create .
- In the Create Features pane, click a point feature template and click the Point tool .
- To override default attribute values or change optional tool preferences, click the Active template button and click the corresponding tab.
- Click the map to create the point feature.
Alternatively, right-click, click Absolute X,Y,Z and type the coordinate location.
If you are creating a multipoint feature, click the map to create additional point features, and click Finish , or press the F2 key to finish the feature.