Different methods can be used to access different cloud stores associated with a project. Connections to cloud stores are stored on the file system. If you connect your project to a folder in which these cloud storage connections are stored, you will see them in the folder.
If you have a geodatabase file in a folder, you can access its contents directly by expanding it. You can also add the connection to your project cloud stores. Cloud stores added to the project are available under the Cloud Stores category in the Catalog pane and the catalog view.
Only raster items can be accessed through a cloud storage connection, and used in ArcGIS Pro.
Create a cloud storage connection
Before you can use the contents of a cloud store in ArcGIS Pro, you must first create a connection that provides access to the cloud store. In most cases, your database or GIS administrator will provide you with the information to configure your local computer and establish a connection to the cloud store location.
- On the Insert tab, in the Project group, click the Connections drop-down list and click New Cloud Storage Connection .
- Provide the connection information for accessing the cloud store.
Under Provider Options, the parameter ARC_DEEP_CRAWL is set to NO by default. It enables faster browsing of cloud paths with many files and folders. You can set ARC_DEEP_CRAWL to YES if your cloud storage contains Cloud Raster Format (CRF) dataset that does not have the .crf extension. Although CRF raster datasets do not require an extension, it is recommended to add .crf to the dataset name. This operation will speed up the crawling of the cloud store to find the valid raster datasets.
- Click OK.
A cloud storage connection is created and stored in the project's home folder with the name of the cloud storage connection. The connection appears in the Cloud Stores category along with any other cloud stores that have already been added to the project. The connection is immediately renamed.
- Type a name for the new cloud storage connection.
- Press Enter.
The cloud storage connection is updated with the new name.
Access a cloud storage connection in a folder
You can see and work with a cloud store from a folder connection as well as any additional files stored in the same location.
- Connect to a folder that contains the cloud storage connection you want to use.
- In the Catalog pane or the catalog view, browse to the folder that contains the cloud storage connection.
- Browse to the cloud storage connection and start using the items it contains.
When you browse to a folder in the Catalog pane or the catalog view, you can add a cloud storage connection directly to the project by right-clicking it and clicking Add To Project.
Add a cloud store directly to the project
If you want to work directly with the contents of a cloud store, and not with other items stored in the same location, you can add the cloud store connection file (.acs) to the project.
In the Properties pane, set ARC_DEEP_CRAWL to YES if your cloud storage contains a CRF dataset that does not have the .crf extension. Although CRF raster datasets do not require an extension, it is recommended to add .crf to the dataset name. This operation will speed up the crawling of the cloud store to find the valid raster datasets.
- On the Insert tab, in the Project group, click the Connections drop-down list and click Add Cloud Storage Connection .
- Browse to and click the cloud storage connection file on the local or network computer.
- Click OK.
The data appears in the Catalog pane or the catalog view in the Cloud Stores category.
- Browse into the cloud store to start using the items it contains, just as you would with locally stored items.
Designate a favorite cloud store
If you add the same cloud storage connection to many projects, designate that cloud storage connection as a favorite to simplify the process. The project favorites collection is always available. Add a favorite cloud storage connection to projects without having to remember its location or any connection details. A favorite cloud storage connection can be added to every new project.
- To add a cloud storage connection file as a favorite, right-click it in the Catalog pane or catalog view.
- Click Add to Favorites .
You can drag any cloud storage connection from Windows Explorer to the favorites collection in the Catalog pane or the catalog view. You can also drag these items from the Project tab in the Catalog pane to the favorites collection in the catalog view or drag them between two catalog views. A copy of the connection file will be saved to the project favorites roaming folder.