ArcGIS Pro help is provided through an online help system and an offline help system. If you can't access either system, a compact version of the help system can be used instead. Context-sensitive help is also provided on the user interface in the form of ScreenTips, messages, and pop-ups.
In addition, a number of learning resources are available from the ArcGIS Pro start page.
Open the help
You can open the help in a number of ways:
- In the upper right corner of the application window, click the View Help button. This button is always available.
- On the start page, click Help .
- In an open project, click the Project tab to open the Settings page. On the Settings page, click the Help tab on the left.
- Open a web browser to https://pro.arcgis.com.
Set the help source
By default, ArcGIS Pro uses the online help system. If you work offline or in an internet-restricted environment, you can change the help source to the offline help system. At some point, you may want to switch back from offline help to online help.
The offline help system is an application that must be downloaded and installed. See Download ArcGIS Pro for more information.
- Open the ArcGIS Pro Settings page in either of two ways:
- On the start page, click the Settings tab .
- In an open project, click the Project tab on the ribbon.
- In the settings list on the left, click Options.
- On the Options dialog box, under Application, click General.
- Under Set general options for ArcGIS Pro, expand Help source and click an option:
- Online help from the Internet.
- Offline help from your computer (requires local help installation).
- Click OK.
If the offline help system is not installed, the option to use it as the help source is not available.