You can control various aspects of the application user interface to make it easier to use. These user interface options are application settings stored in your user profile and are honored for all ArcGIS Pro projects.
To set the User Interface options, do the following:
- From an open project, click the Project tab on the ribbon. Or, from the ArcGIS Pro start page, click the Settings tab .
- In the list of side tabs, click Options.
- On the Options dialog box, under Application, click User Interface.
In ArcGIS Pro, the last command you clicked on a context menu is selected by default the next time you open the menu. This saves time when your workflows involve repetitive tasks. For example, if you right-click a map layer in the Contents pane and click Properties, the same command is highlighted when you right-click another layer. When you execute a different command, the new command is remembered.
To change the default setting, uncheck the Context menus remember last selection check box.
This functionality does not apply to commands that are nested on a context menu, such as Selection > Pan To Selection.
By default, some context menu commands show keyboard shortcuts. To change this setting, uncheck the Show keyboard shortcuts in context menus when available check box.
Ease of access
You can increase the size of the text, icons, and other parts of the ArcGIS Pro user interface with the User interface scaling application option. At the default value of 100 percent, the user interface displays at its normal size. To make the user interface larger, choose a higher scaling value, up to 200 percent.
User interface scaling does not scale the content of map, scene, and layout views. Use the navigation tools and zoom controls to enlarge the content in those views.
To increase the size of the ArcGIS Pro user interface, complete the following steps:
- Click the User interface scaling drop-down arrow and choose a scale value. Click OK.
- Restart ArcGIS Pro.
Set default options for working with views
To set the default position of the first table, chart, video, ModelBuilder, and notebook view opened in a project, choose from the following options:
- Docked below the active map—This is the default setting for table, chart, and video views.
- Stacked on top of the active view—This is the default setting for ModelBuilder and notebook views.
- As a separate floating window—Additional views are stacked on top of the last active view of the same type by default. If you want each additional view to open a new floating window, uncheck the Stack additional views on top of the last active view check box.