You can define where in the application table, chart, video, ModelBuilder and notebook views appear when you open them. These user interface options are application settings stored in your user profile and are honored for all ArcGIS Pro projects.
To set the User Interface options, do the following:
- From an open project, click the Project tab. Alternatively, from the ArcGIS Pro start page, click Settings .
- In the list on the side, click Options.
- On the Options dialog box, under Application, click User Interface.
In ArcGIS Pro, the last command you clicked on a context menu is selected by default the next time you open the menu. This saves time when your workflows involve repetitive tasks. For example, if you right-click a map layer in the Contents pane and click Properties, the same command is highlighted when you right-click another layer. When you execute a different command, the new command is remembered.
To change the default setting, uncheck the Context menus remember last selection check box.
This functionality does not apply to commands that are nested on a context menu, such as Selection > Pan To Selection.
Set default options for working with views
To set the default position of the first table, chart, video, ModelBuilder, and notebook view opened in the project, choose from the following options:
- Docked below the active map—This is the default setting for table, chart, and video views.
- Stacked on top of the active view—This is the default setting for ModelBuilder and notebook views.
- As a separate floating window.—Additional views are stacked on top of the last active view of the same type by default. If you want each additional view to open a new floating window, uncheck the Stack additional views on top of the last active view check box.