In the Manage Templates pane, Preset Template from selected features creates a preset template from the selected features in the exact configuration as they were selected. By default, the insertion point is the geometric center (or centroid) of the selection.
A snapshot of the feature appears on the Preview tab and with the pointer when using the template to create features. This template type uses point construction tools to add features to a map.
To show or hide construction tools or set attribute values, see Configure a preset template.
- Select the features to be added to the template.
- On the Edit tab, in the Selection group, click Select .
- Select the features in the orientation that most of your use cases require.
- Show the Manage Templates pane using one of the following methods:
- On the Edit tab, in the lower right corner of the Features group, click the Manage Templates dialog box launcher .
- In the Create Features pane, click Manage Templates .
- In the layer panel, expand the list of layers for the active map and click a layer on which the selected features exist.
Use the Attributes pane to identify the layers.
- In the template panel, click New and click Preset Template from selected features .
- On the Template Properties dialog box, click General.
- In the Name text box, type a name.
- Optionally, type a description and tag keywords for searching and filtering in the Create Features pane. Search criteria is not
- In the Description text box, type a description.
- In the Tags text box, type a keyword and press Enter.
To delete a tag, click X.
The keywords Preset and Group are automatically generated.
- Click Preview and verify the insertion point.
- Click Zoom to show all features.
- To move the insertion point, hover over the round yellow anchor until the pointer changes to Move and drag it.
The pointer snaps to features in the preview using your current snap settings.
- Click OK to save you changes and close the dialog box.