In the Manage Templates pane, the Preset Template from selected features command creates a preset template with the features selected in the current map. After selecting the features and clicking the command, the template properties dialog box appears with default settings.
When you create a preset feature template, consider the following:
- By default, the primary insertion anchor is placed at the geometric center (centroid) of the selection set.
- A secondary insertion anchor is available to specify a rotation angle with the pointer when you are using the Point with rotation construction tool to create preset features.
- When you configure a preset template, you can move the insertion anchors to new locations using your current snap settings.
To create a preset template, complete the following steps:
- On the ribbon, click the Edit tab. In the Manage Edits group, click Manage Templates
Alternatively, click Manage Templates in the Create Features pane.
- On the ribbon, click the Edit tab. In the Selection group, click the Select tool and select the features to be added to the preset template.
- In the Manage Templates pane, in the layers view, click the layer on which the selected features exist.
Use the Attributes pane to identify the layer name of the selected features.
- On the toolbar, click New and click Preset Template from selected features .
- On the Template Properties dialog box, click the General tab.
- In the Name field, type a name.
- To enter optional metadata that can be searched, click the corresponding fields described in the following table:
Field name Description
Type a description that documents the template.
Type a searchable word and press Enter. You can add one or more tags.
The tags Group and Preset are automatically generated. To delete a tag, click the X next to the tag keyword.
- Click the Preview tab and confirm the selected features are added to the template.
By default, the insertion anchor is placed at the geometric center (or centroid) of the selection set. To move the insertion anchor, hover over the anchor and drag it.
- Click OK to save your changes and close the dialog box.